Yup, it's been over a year since I've posted anything on our blog. But I think I'll try to keep up this year? We'll see...
News from this past year...
1. Raiden has begun the lovely terrible 2 ;-) We're really enjoying that and learning lots. But he is still lots of fun. He is learning his ABC's and knows his numbers, just not all in the right order. But he's doing awesome on pronouncing his words right and making sentences. Sadly our favorite friend Caden moved in June, but they are coming back to visit in November. But Raiden is a good little boy who listens and is very sweet. We're still into Cars and I'm guessing Planes will be the next big thing.
2. Meilee Asaye Woodland was born on June 17th, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches. It was awesome in every way! I love epidurals and I'm so glad that I was induced. She's our sweetest little girl and she is a great sleeper. Her brother loves her and is finally over the randomly hit her stage. So we're doing great!
3. Brandon and I are doing great! Brandon has lots of homework and projects, but that's nothing new. We hope that he will be able to write a great proposal and get more funding for his projects. Things are going well in the academia life. I'm just trying to stay on my toes with 2 little ones and I look forward to the day when I can cook at a more leisurely pace and go back to aerobics and institute.
4. Mom and Dad came in April to bring us the Beige Whale (the Honda Odyssey). It was awesome to have them come and visit and for Dad to fix the house. Mom was awesome and made us the best food ever. We were so happy that they came.
5. For Halloween Raiden was a Bumblebee and Meilee a flower. While Brandon and I did our best to look like gardeners. The kids were way cuter. Raiden love the concept of getting candy and ask to "trunk or treat again" when we put him to bed that night.
6. Thanksgiving is coming up and we're excited for Christmas in Utah! Yea! We're going to have a blast! Can't wait!
Well there a recap of the year since our last post. Pictures will be soon to follow, I hope? I think I'm still trying to do this blog for my benefit now. Since I'm not great at keeping a journal, but I can type faster than write, so hey, why not try to do it on a blog and we'll hopefully let people know about what's going on at the same time. I doubt anyone will read this, but if you are reading, thanks, hope it helps to hear about us and not be in the dark about us dang Woodlands.